Xero Integration Guide
Make sure your Xero account supports all the features you are trying to import.
Please set your payroll country settings in the ProjX360 settings. If your country does not have payroll supported by Xero or you do not have payroll enabled, please select "None". If you do not select "None" while your country does not have Xero payroll available, you will be unable to authenticate and use Xero.
Please take note of constraints placed on us by Xero.
- Suppliers and Customers cannot have the same name. Both are considered contacts in Xero. When you create a customer or a supplier from ProjX360, it will simply be recorded as a contact in Xero. Xero decides if the contact is a customer or supplier based on the first invoice or purchase order related to the contact.
- The addresses (where required) must be filled out in full. This means the street address, apartment/suite number (where applicable), city, state, zip/post code and country.
- The names of the Xero accounts you plan to use for products must belong to accounts of the following types: Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold.
- All edits must be made in ProjX360. Syncing will overwrite all information in Xero.
Fill out all the required information in ProjX360. Specifically:
- The country field in the site configuration page.
- The names of the Xero accounts you plan to use for products. These names MUST belong to accounts of the following types:
- Income account must be an account of type: Sales of Product Income.
- Expense account must be an account of type: Cost of Goods Sold.
- Go into the product suppliers and fill out everything there.
- Go into CRM, Suppliers and Employees and fill out the country for all.
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number (This may be the primary or mobile number. The primary number will take preference)
- Email address
- Complete address with country
- First sync, if you want to pull all your customers make sure CRM is empty.
- If you have contacts in CRM, contact us to import by csv.
- Clients will only be pulled down from Xero to ProjX360 if you have never synced before and have no clients in your CRM People.
- The address of the client will be uploaded with the address type, street.
- Make all client edits in ProjX360 and then push those updates to Xero, don’t do the updates in Xero, it will get overwritten.
- Item name
- Short description
- You can only push products to Xero from ProjX360.
- All edits must be made in ProjX360 as any syncs will overwrite the information in Xero.
- Minimum of 1 line.
- The invoice must be of type ‘Closed’.
- The description and invoice title is required.
- All invoices since the last time you synced will be pushed up to Xero with a status of DRAFT. This will have no impact on your balance.
- After you push the invoices from ProjX360 to Xero all the changes to that invoice need to be made in Xero.
- The syncs to Xero are based on new invoices entered since the last sync. The same invoice can’t be pushed to Xero more than once.
- You will need to manually approve the invoices in Xero.
d) Purchase Orders
- Minimum of 1 product.
- The supplier for the purchase order needs to be pushed up to Xero first, see supplier requirements.
- To push PO’s to Xero the PO status has to be anything other than draft or archive. You will need to manually approve it in Xero.
- They only push from ProjX360 to Xero.
- All purchase orders in ProjX360 since the last sync will be synced to Xero. Once they are synced you will need to manually make any edits in Xero.
- Minimum of 1 product.
- All products need to be pushed to Xero first, see product push requirements above.
- Proposals are pushed as invoices with a status of DRAFT, it must be manually approved in Xero. Unfortunately, quotes are not available in the Xero API and so we are unable to push into Quotes.
- Sales tax will be calculated in Xero. Tax rates need to be manually set in Xero.
f) Change orders
- Minimum of 1 product.
- Products must be pushed up to Xero first. See product push requirements.
- Positive items will be pushed to an Invoice with a status of DRAFT.
- Negative items will be pushed to a Credit Note with a status of DRAFT.
- Both must be manually approved in Xero. It is possible for a change order to have an invoice, a credit note, or both. Once the change order is uploaded, all edits must be made manually in Xero, or the edited change order can be uploaded again, however this will create another invoice/credit note in Xero with the status DRAFT.
- Complete Name
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Address will be uploaded with the type street
- First sync, if you want to pull all your suppliers make sure it's empty.
- If you have existing suppliers, contact us to import by csv.
- When the suppliers are empty on ProjX360 you will be able to push everything over from Xero to ProjX360, after that enter all your suppliers into ProjX360 because it is only a push to Xero.
- We are not syncing employees with Xero because of payroll complications.
- We do a matching for ID’s for the time tracking.
- You must enter your employee information into ProjX360 exactly how you have it entered into Xero. (i.e. first name, last name, address, email, etc.)
- Have your payroll and pay schedule setup in Xero.
- Employees must be matched with Xero.
- ProjX360 gathers all time tracking entries for the selected employee dates and creates a a single timesheet line for the selected employee.
- ProjX360 will then gather all time tracking entries for the selected employees for those dates and creates a single timesheet line for the selected employee.
- All timesheets are uploaded with a status of DRAFT.
Once you’ve finished filling out all of the information for each and every one of the above entities, then you can begin to use the Xero integration.
First go over to the Export Data page on the bottom of the sidebar. If you haven’t set your accounts up yet you’ll get a popup modal with the accounts eligible to be used by Xero. Once you select them and click confirm they will be saved and the modal won’t pop up again unless you go into the configuration and unset the accounts.
Now you will see a portlet called Sync to Xero Online. The dropdown on the left has all the entities you can push up. Once you select a type you can sync to Xero. If it is successfully pushed up, you’ll get a success modal. If there is a problem you’ll get a modal with the cause mentioned and can take action based on that.